As more checkpoints pass by, the closer we are to long-term ministry in Japan. Hopefully this quick list will get you up to date at where we are on that path.
- We have both finished our undergraduate degrees and Nick has moved into graduate studies.
- We've officially got one full year of Japanese language self-study behind us with still much more ahead(We can even read the occasional article now!)
- Just this past May we completed our orientation with TEAM and are now fully-fledged missionaries with them.
- The JET program placement was unfortunately not workable, so we have transitioned into traditional long-term missionary status.
- We have officially begun the process of building support through partners in our ministry and it has been very encouraging.
- We have moved out of Phoenix and are spending the summer meeting with individuals and churches to spread the news about our mission and gain partners in that pursuit.
- We will be making our way out to Erin's family in the Bay Area of California towards the end of summer where we plan to settle down until we head for Japan.
- Our current hopeful timeline to be in Japan is by June of 2017.