We are just about to come up on the one-year anniversary of the fund raising process (August) and a great amount of things have happened in this past year. God as blessed us so much with many people who have a heart for missions that have come on board. We have been flying through the school, orientations, meetings, and more that I know I'm forgetting, but the list is finally down to only one more task. More details and reflection to come (especially for those on the newsletter list) but consider this as a quick catch-up since the last update:
- We just went to Wheaton College Illinois all of last week to attend Team's pre-departure orientation (this was the last step in the sending process!)
- We currently sit at about 65% of the monthly commitments needed (both those that have promised, and those that have started now, which helps with our one-time expenses greatly!)
- Later this year we are planning to hold fundraising events at some of our supporting churches. Lots of interesting and fun ideas; be on the lookout for more info soon to come.
- A campaign is currently be worked on and should go out sometime later this month by both physical and email forms. We need help growing our connections, so when you see these go out, help us spread the word!
- We have nothing but supporting building left at this point, once we get 100%, we are set to go!
- Nick has finished his Master's level studies and is awaiting the diploma
- TheGoFund, a non-profit working with missionaries going long-term to un-reached places, has partnered with us! This means our student loans will no longer be an issue for our ministry! (Hit the logo and check them out!)
- We are working on getting networked with some more churches and communities in the Bay Area and Arizona with the possibility of making a more East Coast trip as well. If you know a potential connection we should get in touch with, let us know.